Ahhh, the internet — a wonderful place that’s full of reliable and trustworthy advice, right?
OK, maybe not. Sadly, the web is home to more garbage than a landfill, and finding reliable information and sound relationship advice can be an uphill battle.
To make your life a bit easier, I’ve compiled a list of the top 10 dating and relationship websites. These sites are, generally speaking, run by honest folks who are more interested in your well-being than their pocketbooks.
Before you run off to any of these other websites, though, keep in mind that right here on LoveLearnings you can find tips and guidance on finding love (i.e., how to get a girlfriend or a boyfriend, how to meet singles, etc.), dating (i.e., first dates, commitment problems, etc.) and breakups / relationship conflict (i.e., how to get over someone or how to get back together with your ex).
Top 10 Websites on Relationships
- LoveLearnings.com — What, you didn’t think we were going to give someone else the top spot, were you? If you’re here reading this article, obviously you agree that LoveLearnings is one of the best places on the internet for sound relationship advice! 🙂
- HeartRelationships Articles — A hidden gem, this information-packed website is run by marriage therapist Neil Rosenthal. His “Articles” section offers a ton of in-depth content covering a wide variety of topics, from children and marital affairs to breakups and divorce.
- PsychCentral.com Relationship Portal — If you’re like me, then you place high value on authors who back up their work with research and science. At PsychCentral, there’s a strong emphasis on research and academia, which makes it a highly credible source for relationship guidance.
Dr Bonnie’s Blog — The blog of Dr Bonnie Eaker Weil, a doctoral relationship guru who writes about many different relationship and marriage topics. There isn’t a ton of content on Dr Bonnie’s blog, but the advice she does post there is sound and well researched. (UPDATE AUG 2018: Dr Bonnie’s site is longer online.)
- PsychologyToday Relationships Section — Not quite as “rooted in science” as PsychCentral, the relationship section of PsychologyToday.com is still a great place to find regularly updated advice and information from romance experts.
- YourTango Experts — You’ve probably been to YourTango.com at some point in your life before. It’s a huge website full of content related to love, sex, and relationships. But the real gem is their “Experts” section, where psychologists and counselors offer reasoned relationship tips in a number of different advice columns.
- AskApril.com — This is the modern-day internet version of “Dear Abby,” this website is where relationship author April Masini answers reader questions about a huge array of romance-related topics. Check the Archives and you’re almost certain to find someone who has asked your question in the past.
Sex, Lies and Dating — This is the personal blog of Simone Grant, and it’s got literally hundreds of posts about dating, romance, sex and everything in between. Most of the articles here are well-written and you’ll rarely find yourself bored on this blog. (UPDATE AUG 2018: Dr Bonnie’s site is longer online.)
- LovePanky.com — Don’t visit LovePanky if you’re looking for an academic source for your next research paper, because it’s not that type of website. What it does offer, however, is a never-ending stream of relationship articles, most of which are well researched and offer a fun read.
- About.com Dating Portal — Just because About.com is literally the most diverse website on the internet doesn’t mean their love & relationships section isn’t worthwhile. Here you’ll find sound advice on various dating and relationship topics.
…and one bonus entry, just for fun: The Date From Hell shares hilarious and heartbreaking dating stories. Great for a laugh (or to learn what NOT to do on a date!).
Well, there you have it! Ten places you can find trustworthy dating and romance advice on the internet without any viruses, pop-up advertising or home-cooked advice from clueless teens.
If you’d like to suggest another great dating / relationship advice website, please share your thoughts in the comments section below!